Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm Lovin' It!

Lately Grandma has been extra lackadaisical. She'll go through 3-4 day stretches where she barely gets out of bed. I try to get her moving or at least make sure she eats something.

"Grandma, are you gonna get up?"
"I just don't feel well. I feel very weak."
"Well, you need to eat something. You don't eat enough, that's why you feel weak. Do you want some toast?"
"I just don't have the appetite."
"What about some soup? Or tea?"
"No, I just feel like I'm gonna throw up."
"Do you want some McDonald's?"
[pause]
"Oh, that could be nice..."

And this is how I know there is nothing seriously wrong with her. If she had a true stomach ailment McDonald's would be the last thing she wanted to eat. But she just can't resist it! She loves that salty food and will eat it at anytime of day or night.

After one bout of this self-imposed bed rest, Grandma actually stumbled out of her room. I was on the phone with my dad and said, "Oh look, Lazybones finally got out of bed!" Freshness is a surefire way to perk up Grandma's energy.
"Don't be fresh!"
"What, it's three o'clock and you've been in bed for days. You are a lazybones."
"I'm gonna come over there and smack you! Oh, but, I'm too weak. I just don't have the energy."

A few more Happy Meals and she'll be back in smacking shape in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment