Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ok, Friendo?

When I left this afternoon Grandma was watching "No Country for Old Men." She's always liked action movies like "Die Hard." Of course Harrison Ford is her favorite actor, and she even went through a Jean Claude Van Damme phase. Still, even with her penchant for rough and tough movies, I don't know if she is ready for the brutality of Anton Chigurh.

(True story, I knew this movie would terrify me, so the first time I watched it I made sure my apartment was bolted and that no one was hiding in my bathroom or closet before I put on the DVD. Crazy, I know, but as I watched the movie I was very happy to be certain there were no psychotic killers lurking in my tiny studio).

I'm sure that basic cable cleaned up a lot of the movie, but I wonder what Grandma thought of it.

"How was the movie you watched this afternoon?"

"Gee, I forgot what it was."

And maybe that is for the best, friendo.


Aunt Dee's Recent Thefts:
Plastic rain kerchief (Obviously Aunt Dee had to be prepared for the torrential rains)
McDonald's Gift Certificates (A gift from Aunt Dee)

No comments:

Post a Comment