Thursday, July 8, 2010

Define Irony

Irony: an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Examples, after coming home from a long weekend in DC things were all topsy turvy in Grandma's house! There was a huge wet spot on the rug outside the kitchen. "Grandma, what happened here?"

"Well...." she begins with a smile, "the hose for the washing machine was not attached to the sink all the way and it fell off! It was quite a mess!"

Excuse me? The queen of all things laundry had a laundry mishap? And this must have been a pretty huge adventure since the stain on the carpet is a good 12 feet from the sink!

I went back to my room. Since we're in the middle of a heatwave the first thing I do is turn on my super fan. Except, it's gone. It's not in the kitchen. It's not in the living room. It's in Grandma's room. She stole it! She sees something she wants and she just takes it!

If laundry and stealing, two hallmarks of Grandma's existence, can get all flipped around in the five days I was away, I'm a little afraid to what I'll come back to after my upcoming 3 week vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment