Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cute Giggle

In her high school yearbook (1937), Grandma is remembered as a lovable girl with a cute giggle. 70 plus years later she still has it and I've made it one of my goals to make her laugh whenever I can. Nowadays her giggle is almost silent, but if she's really amused she'll toss back her head and nearly shake with laughter. If she's in a feisty mood (usually), she might swat at me and call me "fresh" through her giggles.

One evening she came into my room to say good night.

I said, "You're going to bed? It's not even 9 o'clock!"

"Oh, well I like to read before bed. I gotta lotta books, you know."

"Yeah, you have piles in there. You have a lot of reading to do!"

"Aunt Dee gives me her books sometimes."

I see my chance. Grandma has set me up perfectly to make a joke about one of her favorite topics. With a fair amount of mischievous glee, I reply, "She better! She has to make up for all the things she steals." I try hard to keep a straight face. Grandma just about loses it. She is cracking up and can barely speak through her giggles.

"Oooooh! You're terrible! You're terrible!" She swats at me and keeps giggling as she shuffles off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Grandma already. I think she and my grandma would have a riot together. Let's arrange a play date.

    ReplyDelete