Monday, April 19, 2010

Is Dementia Contagious?

I recently moved in with my 90-year-old grandmother. She's cute and feisty in her old age. She's in good spirits and is in pretty good health physically. But, she has dementia. It mostly effects her short term memory. As in she has none. Most of our conversations are held at least five times. She has a habit of moving things around and then forgetting where they are. Days of the week are getting a little tricky for her.

I'm not trying to make light of my grandma's condition. It's really sad and a lot of stress on our family. But, a lot of these situations are so absurd that we just have to laugh about them. All of the repetition and constantly moving items is making me a little crazy and leaves me wondering, Is Dementia Contagious?

No comments:

Post a Comment