Thursday, February 24, 2011

Redecorating

I'm on vacation this week, so I get to catch up with daytime TV. I watched The Nate Berkus Show the other day and contemplated writing to Nate to get our house made over. Grandma's decor is firmly entrenched in the 1970s. We have pictures of me in her house as a baby and everything is exactly the same!

Wood paneling? Check.
Lots of mustard yellow? Check.
Oversized flower wallpaper? Check.

The kitchen

We are definitely in need of some serious redecorating. But, then I remembered Grandma doesn't do so well with change. She can't even remember where a single item like my frying pan came from. She keeps trying to get rid of her Christmas presents ("I don't know where these pants came from! They're not mine!"). A whole new set of furniture would totally through her off! I wouldn't be surprised if she thought she'd wandered into the wrong house somehow. Then she'd go out to the porch to check the number on the door. "This is my house, but I don't know whose furniture this is. I don't know where it all came from! Aunt Dee must have stolen my furniture and left this!"

I guess my dreams of redecorating will have to be put on hold.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, At least you've got a solid decade on me. My furniture is a good 50 years old. I like to think of it as Retro...... (BTW, I'm tryin' to figure out what the pictures are in the wallpaper. It kind of looks like a broom hanging off of a sunflower. Either way it would look great with the golden eagles on my couch.)

    ReplyDelete