Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pest Control by Grandma

Grandma has a bad habit of leaving food out. She eats half a banana with her cereal every morning and leaves the other half on the counter until the next day. She saves the ends of bread loaves to feed the birds and leaves that out for days. Aunt Dee and I have tried to cure her of this habit, but Grandma is not having it.

"Put that banana away, you're gonna get bugs."

"No, I won't. I put it up high so the bugs can't get it."

I don't even know where to go with this. Has she never seen a bug with wings? Has she not witnessed the amazing crawling abilities of ants? I take a new tactic.

"What about mice? You can't leave food out or you'll get mice."

"So, I'll put it on the stove. It's too hot for mice over there."

Again, speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment